I could not find any tutorials on how to disassemble this keyboard so I thought I’d take pics along the way to disassembling mine. I also decided to make it wired (still with the dongle!!) because I realized that if you lose the dongle, there is no way to replace it and you need to spend another $70 on a new keyboard !!! So I decided to hide it in the body of the keyboard, and that way I will never risk losing it!
This is a list of my most used shortcuts and tweaks for the different operating systems, they can save you a lot of time and make your workflow much faster through the day.
Show/Hide Program Windows
- macOS ==> F3 (Expose Key)
- Linux Gnome ==> command Key
- Windows 10 ==> command + Tab
- macOS ==> option + cmd + power == > lock Screen
- Linux ==> command + L
- Windows 7/10 ==> command + L
- macOS ==> cmd + F3 (Expose)
- Linux Gnome ==> command + D
- Windows 10 ==> command + D
Copy or Move Dragged Icon
- macOS==> Click and drag an icon, hold option/alt before releasing
- Linux ==> Click and drag an icon, hold ctrl before releasing
I got a startech 5.25 hot swap bay for my computer (Windows 7 on an MSI Z87-G41), hot swap wouldnt actually work. Saw that there was a new Intel® Rapid Storage Technology driver for my motherboard and decided to install it. Unfortunately I got the error “The following application requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5: Intel® Rapid Storage Technology” even though I had .NET 4.7 installed. After a while or looking I came across a post that helped me fix the problem.
This is a list of things I had to do to get Ubuntu Gnome ready to use to my liking.
- Enable 1600×900 resolution
- Install Chrome
- Install chrome-gnome-shell
- Disable top left hot corner
- Disable Screen Shield Extension when lock is disabled
- Tweek Tool
- Desktop: Enable Icons on Desktop
- Top Bar: Show Date on Top bar
- Appearance: Disable Animations
- Windows: Enable Minimize/Maximize
- Install Spotify
- Install Spotify-AdKiller
- Install KeepassX –> Software Center
- Install Dash to Dock
- Install Player Indicator
- Media Keys on Top Bar
- Install and setup OpenVPN
- Install and configure network-manager-openvpn-gnome
- Configure openVPN
- Spotify Starts in Full Screen
- Close Spotify, remove ~/.config/spotify/window_position.prefs file and start Spotify again.
I had a friend’s mac stop booting so he told me to backup his mac. These are the steps I took to copy the files from the hard drive, reinstall OS X and restore the files
What you’ll need:
- External HDD
- Flash Drive 2GB
- Mac that wont boot up
Update 5/20/2017: After spending many hours getting Qubes to work just right, and even upgrading from 8GB to 16GB, it stopped booting (error below). I thought it was the hard drive so I bought a Crucial MX300 and lo and behold it happened again after a few hours of setting it up, so I said screw this and installed ubuntu Gnome. I think its a really cool idea, and takes a bit of time to get your head wrapped around how it works and how to use it, but it is too unstable for daily driver. What it presents is a very safe environment and easy to compartmentalize different working environments, but I don’t like the feeling of uncertainty that any update will kill the whole thing.
——————————————————– Read more
I wanted to try using Qubes OS for its security and compartmentalization. The problem was that I could not even get it to install :/
Problem: Error below when trying to install
[ 0.000000] efi: EFI_MEMMAP is not enabled.
[ 0.000000] esrt: ESRT header is not in the memory map.
[ 5.901147] dracut-pre-trigger: cat: /tmp/dd_disk: no such file or directory
- Update RUFUS to latest version 3.14 as of this post.
- Select DD image onto USB drive
No trying to install, you will get the error above still but it will continue with the installer in EFI mode.
This post directly references using the DD flag :
Common UEFI Errors – https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/uefi-troubleshooting/
You first need to locate the mysql binary.
$ cd /Applications/MAMP/Library/bin
then access the database
$ ./mysql -u <username> -p <dabataseName>
Note in MAMP: <username> = root
When asked for a password enter root
mysql> source <path/to/file>.sql
Installed it, uninstalled it and it was still showing up on my chrome browser.
Problem: Grammarly still shows up in chrome even after uninstalling
Solution (from source below):
- Go to “Settings” in Chrome
- Select “Extensions”
- Find the computer paralyzing Grammarly “app” in the list
- Click on “Disable” (you MUST disable before you delete!)
- Now click on the little garbage can and send it home.
- Now close and re-open Chrome
I found a PS3 remote at Goodwills for $1.50!! So I decided to use it as a universal remote for my tv. I am shock that there is such poor documentation on setting up your TV if the code is not listed! After a lot of trial and error I figured out how to set it up with my tv, everything but the power on button works on (power button only powers it off) . The manual for this setup for the PS3 is incorrect! (TV Hannspree, not listed )
“Setting the remote code for a TV that is not in the list of manufacturers”