I recently bought a WII from a garage sale for cheap and wanted to hack it and backup the games I bought to speed up the load time. Below are the steps I followed and useful links i used to set everything up!! Wii should be in 4.3U system version
I bought a broken Wii from a garage sale for cheap, included everything and 4 controllers, score! I decided to try and fix it and maybe play it in the future. I really like mario kart 64 and I hear the Wii version is very similar 🙂Read more
The following lines of code will help you turn off the power and activity lights from your Raspbery pi 3 B+. Note: this code worked with one of my raspberry pi’s and not on the other. I still need to see why.Read more
I’m not great at parallel parking, and telling the dimensions of my car. After watching my brother effortlessly parallel park with his backup camera, I decided I needed one on my car. Unfortunately my car is an old 2007 Honda Accord that doesn’t have a camera by default, and a custom installed camera will be expensive. I decided to do some research on a backup camera and finally install one myself.
Camera: Generic Camera and Display by seller DoHonestBest
- Link to Camera and Display Kit – https://amzn.to/2ItYEJB
- Link to Replacement Camera – https://amzn.to/2QpoAsR
- CSS12 – Engine Noise Filter/Isolator – https://amzn.to/2IQFdex
Tips on installing!
- Install a noise suppressor in case your car’s engine creates noise on the video feed. (Common for older cars) it’s easier to install as your are wiring everything else
- Before Routing camera through car (this will save you a lot of time)
- Install camera on license plate
- Center/calibrate camera’s video feed with display (see video for details)
- Go to a parking lot and park your car, using button on camera, align/adjust camera guides. You will have to have the display within reach of the cameras adjustment button.
- Continue routing display wire through the car
Problems and solutions!
- Multi Cam video out of sync (GoPro and phone video)
- Convert using Handbrake to Constant frame rate
- If you make proxies with variable frame rate and import your high quality video, the proxies will still be variable frame rate and wont edit correctly.
- Constant loading of app, cursor turns to spinning wheel every other second when clicking through clips.
- Right Click on clip>Media>Create Proxy
- Click on
- Switching camears in Multi-cam view not working
- Switch to flexible layout, multi-cam functionality not possible in fixed layout
- Move Lucy to a different spot
- Move preference box to a location you want Lucy to be, right click Lucy and drag to the place you want her, then let go and quickly click on the “save preferences” Button
- Sync Multi-Cam video ( Make sure you have Constant Frame Rate on video first!)
- Cutting Clips
- Place red cursor on video and press c or del, then right click and close gap, this doesn’t work on tracks with multiple video!
- use in-point and out-point, place track where you want to make initial cut, then press “i” then take red cursor to last point and press “o” then press delete
- Edit audio and adding keyframes
- Hover over the audio track with your mouse and hold SHIFT. This will let you add keyframes to the audio in order to adjust the levels
- Using Proxies (for lightning fast editing!)
- Right click clip>Media>Make Proxies
- Click on project title>Video>Playback Media Quality>Lowest available
I took out my soldering iron ready to soldering random stuff and was very sad to find that it was displayed the error “S-E” or “5-E” instead of the temperature displayed. I quickly googled some stuff quickly realized that the soldering element had gone bad. I’ve had the soldering iron for about 4-5 years and it’s always worked great, never dropped it or was rough with it, but eventually the heating element will go bad.
Problem: You are not a chipmunk but your logitech webcam thinks you are.
After getting a regular oil change at my local mechanic, they always check various other things and often things come up, which makes my wallet tense up as it will often mean spending more money. Last time I went I was told my serpentine belt needs to be replaced, I looked at estimates and found it would be about $100-150….As with any projects and jobs, I suggest doing some research to get a good estimate on how much work it takes, where most of the cost is spent, and how difficult of a job it is.
After looking at a youtube video and talking to a friend who is a mechanic, I decided “I can do that…”
- 20 Min
- Serpentine Belt Tool – AutoZone Loan
- Serpentine Belt
Take a look at this very helpful video on how to change the belt!
I got a call form an unrecognized number, so I let it go to voicemail. I later tried to delete the message but the voicemail kept calling the scammer/robocall/ads phone number as opposed to accessing my voicemail. I kept getting a answering machine with a prompt to “connect with local singles”. As much as I am interested in connecting with local singles, I am more interested in deleting this message and access my voicemail.