I found a PS3 remote at Goodwills for $1.50!! So I decided to use it as a universal remote for my tv. I am shocked that there is such poor documentation on setting up your TV if the code is not listed! After a lot of trial and error I figured out how to set it up with my tv, everything but the power on button works (power button only powers it off) . The manual for this setup for the PS3 is incorrect! (TV Hannspree, not listed )
“Setting the remote code for a TV that is not in the list of manufacturers”
These are the steps that worked for me:
- Hold down the TV button under Devices, THEN click the CLEAR button
- TV button is now blinking
- Press the green I/O TV button on the top right
- Did the tv turn off?
- IF NO then click CH+ button (this changes the remote to a different code)
- Press the green I/O TV button
- Did the tv turn off? If no then press the CH+ button and then the I/O TV button to test the tv.(Repeat until something happens)
- IF YES!
- Press ENTER to save the code that did something to the tv.
- Turn the TV back on and test the other buttons (Input/Vol/Channel)
- Do they work as expected? If yes, you are done!
- IF NO, re-do step 1, and press the CH+ button to advance to the next code and I/O TV to test the TV
- NOTE: if you realize that a previous code worked better then
- Do step 1, and instead of pressing the CH+ button press the CH- button to go back to the pervious channel.
- Press the I/O TV button to see if the TV turns off
- Press ENTER to save the code
- Holy crap that was confusing to setup :/ but i hope this makes it clear!