I could not find any tutorials on how to disassemble this keyboard so I thought I’d take pics along the way to disassembling mine. I also decided to make it wired (still with the dongle!!) because I realized that if you lose the dongle, there is no way to replace it and you need to spend another $70 on a new keyboard !!! So I decided to hide it in the body of the keyboard, and that way I will never risk losing it!
Disclaimer: Follow these instructions at your own risk, I am not responsible for any broken keyboards or damage incurred in the process
- Screw driver
- Plastic prying tool or guitar pic
- Dremel to make the hole
- Safety glasses for dremel use
- Courage to risk breaking the keyboard
- Remove all screws from under the keyboard, they are all under the feet
- Use a plastic tool to free up the palm rest, start on the sides and make your way to the middle.
- Note! You may need to stick a screw driver to free up some clips near the middle of the palm rest
- Remove all screws under the palm rest
- Note! all palm rest screws and top two on the keyboard are different than the bottom three
- Use a plastic tool to release the clips around the keyboard. Start on the sides. Turn the tool as if it was a key to release the clips. It was difficult around the middle of the keyboard.
- Once removed unclip the battery connector!! Be careful not to break the wires!
Now you are done!
I am also showing how I stuck the receive inside the keyboard so that I would not have to worry about losing it.
Hope you guys found this useful!
Custom PCB for Sculpt