I’m not great at parallel parking, and telling the dimensions of my car. After watching my brother effortlessly parallel park with his backup camera, I decided I needed one on my car. Unfortunately my car is an old 2007 Honda Accord that doesn’t have a camera by default, and a custom installed camera will be expensive. I decided to do some research on a backup camera and finally install one myself.
Camera: Generic Camera and Display by seller DoHonestBest
- Link to Camera and Display Kit – https://amzn.to/2ItYEJB
- Link to Replacement Camera – https://amzn.to/2QpoAsR
- CSS12 – Engine Noise Filter/Isolator – https://amzn.to/2IQFdex
Tips on installing!
- Install a noise suppressor in case your car’s engine creates noise on the video feed. (Common for older cars) it’s easier to install as your are wiring everything else
- Before Routing camera through car (this will save you a lot of time)
- Install camera on license plate
- Center/calibrate camera’s video feed with display (see video for details)
- Go to a parking lot and park your car, using button on camera, align/adjust camera guides. You will have to have the display within reach of the cameras adjustment button.
- Continue routing display wire through the car