Problem: Android File Transfer Auto Launches
Solution 1: Disable the process from starting up
Thanks to Giorgos for a better solution! ( see comments)
- Go to “System Preferences”
- Go to “Users & Groups”
- Click on “Login Items”.
- Select it from the list and click on the minus.
Solution 2: Internally disable app
- Close Android File Transfer
- Open Activity Monitor and kill “Android File Transfer Agent”
- Go to where you installed “Android File ” (I have it under /Applications)
- Right click and –> “Show package contents”
- Within the Contents/Helpers folder you will find the Agent.
- Rename “Android File Transfer Agent” to e.g. “Android File Transfer Agent_DISABLED”
- Then go to “/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Google/Android File Transfer” and again rename the Agent app.. “Android File Transfer Agent_DISABLED”.