I tried installing Arduino IDE from the repo’s through apt-get but realialized that the Arduino Yun was not listed. So I google some more and eventually installed the newest IDE and arduino Yun was finally listed.
- Download Arduino IDE (file ending in .tar.xz)
- Extract the folder containing the files
- IMPORTANT: Move the folder containing the Arduino IDE files into the directory you want it to reside
- The installer will rely on this being the location of the Arduino IDE
- In a terminal, cd into the directory containing the Arduino IDE
- Run the command $ sudo ./install
Note: When you run ./install, sometimes desktop shortcut will be created but you wont be the owner (It will show up with an X and a lock) in that case run $sudo chown <username> ~/Desktop/Arduino-IDE.desktop