UPDATE 5/24/2017: There is no fix, skipping still continues, although less frequent. Rebooting fixes it temporarily.
Revert back to the old music player.
- 1) Enable Developer Mode (Settings–>About Phone–> Tap “Build Number” until give access)
- 2) Press back and you should now see a “Developer Options” menu item near the bottom of the settings screen.
- 3) Enable “Use AwesomePlayer”
- 4) Enjoy Skip Free Audio!
Other things I tried:
- Clearing the cache and data from the bluetooth process
- Re-pairing my phone to my car’s stereo
Backup your data and Factory Reset the Device
- Unfortunately this seemed to be the last thing to try. This is what I did (on 1/10/2015) and it hasn’t skipped yet. Will update if it does skip again.
- Update 2/4/2015 –> Doing a factory reset has significantly stopped the bluetooth from skipping. When I get into the car, the phone does skip 2-3 times within the first minute of playing but then It doesn’t skip at all.