Very tasty dish that is easy to make! Goes great with roti, rice or naan!
- 1 Tbsp mustard seeds
- 24oz cooked winter squash (Birds Eye brand)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2-3 gloves of garlic minced
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 Tbsp brown sugar(optional)
– Thaw squash in microwave.
– In 1-2 Tbsp of oil, fry garlic and mustard seeds at low temperature (low/simmer) and cook for ~1 min. Do Not Burn!
– Caramelize onion, add more oil if needed, (set heat to medium/low (~2-3 level))
– STIR OFTEN, DO NOT BURN THE MUSTARD SEEDS
– After about 4-5 minutes, add squash and spices (turmeric, cumin and salt) and mix well
– Simmer (covered) until soft and onion is mushy and translucent.
– Optional: Add brown sugar to make it sweater.
– Add peas and simmer until fully cooked.
Changes for Next time:
– Caramelize onion more or add more caramelized onion
Recipe Source: Farsi Takari